If you look closely you can see me taking this shot. I can’t wait to get a real camera to minimize reflections. I was inside the building. Next time I will be outside the building lol.
Tag Archives: robs_world
Tree outside back door of Building 7, 5:30am.
Mass General courtyard, Boston Ma.
So I have been posting a lot of material on recovery. Sometimes it can be a bit much. Sometimes I wonder if I post too much of the stuff on some days.
But then, when I read some of your blogs, I realize how much I gain from your openness and honesty, so I keep writing and posting in the hopes that something I include will be helpful to you.
Well, dear readers, today I thought I would just have a little fun and share ten facts about me. Just as a way of sharing a different side of things. My entire life is not about recovery, nor does it have to be. So here you go:
- I love Bass Fishing! I used to have a boat, but I sold it because a poor impulsive decision. Now I shore fish and think about what it was like to fish with a boat, lol.
2. My favorite color is dark teal. Yes, it has to be dark, that way it’s much less feminine. If I could get away with wearing teal pants, I would.
3. My favorite food is Italian. Within the wonderful world of Italian food, my favorite is lasagna! Give me some French bread and butter, and a pile of lasagna, and I am in heaven!
4. I love to swim. I grew up swimming as our only real family outing. I can stay in the water and play and swim for hours.
5. I love mythology. One of the first books I ever read was Edith Hamilton’s Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and Heroes. I must have read that book 20 times.
6. I was an English Major, so I read a lot of books and poetry. A relatively unknown book is probably in my top 10: One Hundred Years of Solitude. It affected me deeply my Junior year of college. Read it, it will affect you too.
7. My very favorite book is Tom Sawyer. Enough said.
8. My favorite poet is John Keats. So tragic his work was not recognized by his peers until after his untimely death at age 25. 25 folks! Can you even imagine what he could have produced if he lived as long as, say, Robert Frost? Oh, to think of it!
9. I absolutely LOATHE liver! If I ever walked into your house and I smelled liver, I would have to kill you.
10. I love cookies. I love mostly soft cookies, but as long as I have milk, a row of Oreo Doubletstuff is not safe. I love any kind of cookie, except cookies that don’t taste like cookie like Biscotti–but they are technically biscuits, and biscuits are cool, but they are not cookies.
Well, there you have it, 10 irrelevant to your life facts about your humble writer. Share a fact or two about you, that would make this post worthwhile to me!