Counselor Carl describes 8 essential elements for any plan for recovery from addiction, alcoholism, and drug abuse. He stresses that having a solid plan for recovery significantly increases the chances of success. 5 minutes
Tag Archives: facebook
They say recovery is a gradual process; change doesn’t happen overnight. In his moving talk, Tom shares the tumultuous journey of a recovering addict and how small steps to reach out made a big impact in his perspective of the world.Ted Talks
I was inspired by Rebecca to be brave and bold. After reading her disclosures I realized my previous list was inadequate. I had to get real after her bravery. See her list HERE. So, here’s a lot more stuff about me
1. I love cereal. Healthy and unhealthy. I also LOVE smelling the inside of the Froot Loops box. How do they get that to smell so good?
2. Noises above the norm make me nervous.
3. I have 2 older half brothers and 1 younger half-sister. I speak to none of them. I grew up until 12 with one of them. He hasn’t spoken to me since I was 12.
4. I have used every drug but heroin and meth. Alcohol is my primary drug, which led to many usages primarily of cocaine and crack.
5. I love rain, especially downpours and thunderstorms. I’ve never made love during a thunderstorm. But I would like to.
6. I loathe soggy bread.
7. My Favorite movie is The Longest Day, a movie about the epic Invasion of Normandy.
8. I’m 6’1″ 225lbs. I would like to lose that 25lbs.
9. I can whistle through all combinations of my fingers. I can also whistle through an acorn cap.
10. I am a very good swimmer. I like swimming in lakes and ponds more than the ocean, but I swim there too.
11. My brother John got hit by a car on Christmas morning and died the following day. He was 8. I was there. I was 11.
12. My retirement dream is to buy a small house on a lake and have a small boat. Preferably with the love of my life. I’m not Robmoji, I can last more than 9 months with a woman.
13. I don’t like it when I’m excessively hot.
14. My favorite season is Fall.
15. I taught High School English for a year.
16. I got kicked out of the Army for an OUI I got in Germany. The discharge is classified as General Under Honorable Conditions.
17. I paid over $350,000 in child support.
18. I have 2 sons, Nick 28 and Matt 26. We haven’t seen each other in 15 years. But I’m working on that!
19. I love Chinese leftovers. One of the few leftovers I will eat.
20. I don’t like the winter.
21. I slept with a fan from age 22 to 52. Jail stopped that habit quickly. I no longer need a fan to sleep.
22. A medium told me once that I had lived over 1,000 lives. I disagreed with her. I’ve lived many more.
23. I met my wife on my blog.
24. Two of my previous girlfriends from my early who’s got abortions. One of them I wrote about in A Cold White Door which turned out to be the moment of conception. I was there for one, not the other, because she didn’t tell me until after it was done–the girl in the poem.
25. I am almost OCD clean and organized.
26. I attained Expert marksmanship in the Army and with German weaponry.
27. I graduated college with high honors. I spent 6 out of 8 semesters on probation for various behavioral issues related to alcohol. I got almost failing grades from elementary school through high school.
28. I like colored rocks. I have some colored rocks.
29. Every time I see a clown I am repulsed.
30. I love archangels and dragons.
31. My middle name is Marc. It ends I’m c instead of k because it’s French.
32. I once had to hitchhike from Monte Carlo to my hotel almost an hour away because I missed the last train because drinking. All I had to give the guy was $1, you’d think he hit the lottery.
33. One of my girlfriend’s was bulimic. One of my girlfriend’s pulled her hair out incessantly. My last girlfriend was a psychopathic alcoholic. She now spends her time creeping my blog and blogging about me.
34. My Favorite series was Madmen, followed by The Sopranos.
35. I have to shake the milk carton and then smell it before I will use it. I don’t care if the cow’s standing outside.
36. I had 4 episodes with “suicide.” To me 3 were cried for help. The last one, while I loved with girl from #33, I swallowed over 100 pills of various medicines. I woke up the next day as if nothing happened.
37. Prior to going to jail from May 2016-October 2016, I worked in the car business for 20 years. I managed, sold, and did finance. No, I won’t help you buy a car. But you should always by pre-owned, only use cargurus.com, and never buy anything in finance. You’re welcome.
38. I love to collect vintage and antique books.
39. I totaled 3 cars in less than 4 months. I totaled my Altima, Lexus ES350, and the nicest car I ever owned, my Lexus GS450. I’ve totaled 4 cars in my life and never got a scratch, never got an OUI charge from any of them. After I crashed my GS450, the police actually gave me a ride home.
40. I believe we are cosmic beings temporarily occupying human form. I believe that once our bodies give out, we will rejoin our celestial bodies and exist in a fantastic dimension as a reward for suffering on Earth.
Peace all you lovely humans!